Friday, December 10, 2010

Globalization

     I didn't know much about globalization before starting the soccer book in class, and I still am confused about the term.  But globalization is all around us and creates many positive and negative things. 
     Let us start with the positives right?  I'm glad that it exists because it spreads awareness and teaches people about other customs and cultures that exist around the world.  Globalization helps to prevent ignorance and isolation. 
      On more of a personal level, I am so happy that I have had the opportunity to learn about other cultures so I can better portray characters on stage.  The current show that I am in, I play Helena Landless in The Mystery of Edwin Drood and my character is from Ceylon.  Without globalization, I would not have the great henna tatooing, elborate costuming, or a middle-eastern accent. 
     I am still perplexed with the idea that we have the power to communicate with people in China when we reside in America and this communication tool from over seas is key in globalization. 
     I think it is also a good thing that everyone around the world gets the opportunity to have premium goods from where ever they produce that good the best.  I think the politics aspect of globalization is messy but in general we could politically spread this more so that certain countries could have a better government system.  Dictatorships should be non-existent.

So basically yay globalization...I think Foer is being sort of a downer about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment