Monday, February 21, 2011

X marks the spot

     The book is starting to get interesting...but when I first started the autobiography I was like 'this is just going to be another book about black oppression', and thats real dont get me wrong but I wasn't anticipating the true impact of X.  I still don't know the whole of his life, but I am definately intrigued and I know by the end of the book I will be well versed.  I did not know much about the man and I am glad that we are getting the opportunity to read about his life in detail.
     He led a difficult life when he was a child, and he seemed always to act way older than he really was.  Then he got caught up in the excitement, thrills, adrenaline of the hustler lifestyle and started turning his brain into mush with all the snow and reefers.  He had an invinsible mentality, and though that brought his name through the wire and intimidated others, it ultimately brought him to his long jail sentence.  Even though through it all he had a premoniton of 'walking on his coffin', he knew he was bound to get caught soon. 
     I admire his way of finding opportunity in his life, with unwanted circumstances, he makes his money by his wit, and part of that is really impressive.  I wish to emulate that aspect, using wit in your career path is respectable but schooling is also good.  But I dislike the way he uses people, especially Sophia and her sister to help him in his robbing. 
     BUT MAYBE HE'LL FIND HIS TREASURE (GET IT, X MARKS THE SPOT?!) IN THE END.
My guess is this will happen, especially because at the end of the chapter he talks about how Allah really transformed his life after the jail stint.

No comments:

Post a Comment