Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Food Review

num num num num num num
my favorite thing to write about, good food.

For my restaurant review, I went to my neighborhood Johnnie's Italian Beef.  Let me tell you though, at the time I was really not ok with picking up fast food right after intense yoga. Usually I am always down for a good sandwich and fries, but it sort of defeated the purpose last night.  I felt like I flushed out all of the bad stuff out of my body then filled it up with grease again. Similar to smoking a cigarette after a jog...just doesn't make sense. But after the first bite of the juicy beef, my conscience shut up and let me enjoy.

I remember taking the photo in front of the restaurant with sweat drenched clothing (from yoga) with my crappy camera phone which looked like it could've been anyone. I had to ask for the receipt, they're used to throwing them away apparently. I really debated buying a chocolate malt, but I knew I had delicious chocolate desserts at home...didn't want overkill. What am I talking about, you can never have enough chocolate, especially when your a PMSing young woman...anyway the chocolate malts at Johnnie's are extremely rich. They don't have vanilla, that flavor is for the weak.

I always order hot peppers on my beef but pick them off and enjoy the spicy juices. I have also learned that you can't let the sandwich sit for more than 20 minutes otherwise it gets too soggy. The fries are so good, ketchup isn't even needed. Go to Johnnie's, they beat Portillos hands down.

The wonderful food expert advice of Nicole Middleton. I'll always finish your sandwich.

1 comment: